View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #41
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: I think I've decided on a build "theme"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
Got the bumper off with the help of 1/2 penetrating oil and my little helper! Apparently, a battery exploded and leaked on everything below it because there are large chunks of the radiator support, battery box and inner fender eaten away below the battery. I'm very glad I have the extra radiator support. I'm getting cleaned up and going to lunch with my helper. I'll post pictures later.
Trust me, they all look like the battery exploded. That's why it's so hard to find good used passenger side fenders. Looks like a good build. The plan overall is good, but I have a suggestion. Rather than the big block and th-400, you really need to consider the LS swap. Finding a good low mileage engine with the tranny and associated wiring and controls is easy. The swap parts are easy to get, and the cost is way better than you might think. There is a section of the board devoted to it, and several other sites as well, making it fairly straight forward. Better gas milage, comparable power, overdrive and reliability.

BTW, cute kid. And that dog is freaking huge. Have fun with the build. It really looks like a solid starting point.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote