View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #242
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

I've been fighting the flu the last few days, but managed to get out to the shop for awhile tonight, and actually feel better getting up and moving rather than sitting around doing nothing.

Anyways, I measured for my wheels and tires, so I'll be ordering them tomorrow. I would like to have the larger backspacing of the 2 options so they don't stick out as much, but it looks like that won't work, cause it would be hitting the head of the steering linkage bolt.

I can't remember if I posted it or not earlier, but I'm getting chrome 18x8.5 Raceline Renegade 8s with 285/75/18 Toyo All terrains. Kinda funny, cause on my 68 I have raceline wheels with toyo tires

I don't neccessarily love chrome wheels, but for a daily driver polished wheels will look like crap in no time (and I'm not polishing them every weekend) and I really don't care for black wheels that so many guys with big diesel trucks have. Hopefully the chrome will hold up well. I know the wheels on my 68 are nice quality, so I assume these wheels (and the chrome) will be equal quality.

I also got the rear shocks installed tonight.

I'm hoping to have it on the road next week, but we'll see about that.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote