View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 11:27 AM   #1
customfab4x4

Classic Performance Products (CCP) - Very Questionable Business Practices

It is disheartening the I'm basically being forced to write this thread about my current experience with CCP. This is bordering on extortion in my personal opinion but I will let you decide based on the facts below. If I knew what I know now, I would have gone with a highly reputable alternative.

EDIT: Please see my comments below for full updates regardin this situation. CCP did end up sending me a slotted rotor replacement but it did take this post do make that happen.

I purchase their 2.5 drop spindle kit with 6-lug disc rotors directly off their Classic Performance Products Ebay store.

Item is: 71-72 CHEVY C10 GMC TRUCK 6 LUG 12" DISC BRAKE KIT W/ MODULAR 2.5" DROP SPINDLES.

eBay item number:284140608167

This is the same kit that they sell on their website for $799:

https://www.classicperform.com/Store...6062SWBK-5.htm

So when the kit arrived, they actually sent me two different rotor types. One was the non-slotted standard rotor. The other was the slotted rotor type which is apparently an upgrade.

Here's the deal. I opened up the box with the slotted rotor, and we began to immediately install it. I didn’t think twice about it being slotted as I honestly assumed this was the correct rotor. Yes, call me an idiot. At that point in time, I didn’t know it was shipped to me by mistake and is considered an upgrade. I was simply like "cool, slotted rotors come with the kit.".

Yes, call me a dummy for not opening all the boxes and confirming that all the contents matched. I assumed, like most businesses, that CCP has a quality control system that would prevent mistakes like this. It is costly for the company potentially but more importantly places a high burden on the customer when the correct parts are not received.

So I called CCP immediately and got in touch with their Ebay department. I guy by the name of Danny and his manager, Jeff. I explained that I had the slotted rotor 100% completely installed which as most of you know….this is not an easy task. I rebuilt that entire side of the truck only to find out when we switched sides that I had a non-slotted rotor! OMG! But I thought CCP would stand behind their mistake and say “No Big Deal. We completely screwed up sending you the wrong rotor and will cover it. We’ll send you a slotted rotor and you can send back the non-slotted.”

Right? Wrong. Originally, they stood firm that I needed to pay them an extra $35 for them to send the slotted rotor. They said, they didn’t even want the non-slotted returned as the shipping cost more than the rotor itself (pretty wasteful thinking..it you know anything about our landfills).

I told them this was ridiculous as they made the mistake and they should be willing to cover the cost due to quality control issues in shipping. Plus, how much are we talking here on their end related to cost? $5 or $10? And they seriously want me to spend hours to remove the slotted rotor (which they don't even want back) to simply replace it with non-slotted so they avoid added costs?

After a long-winded conversation, I was asked to give them a Positive Feedback 5-star on Ebay. Once they see that I wrote a 5-star review, WITHOUT the shipping or me having received the parts, then and ONLY THEN would they be willing to ship the slotted rotor.

What? This amounts to extorsion in my opinion? They literally want a 5-star review BEFORE actually performing the customer service or making this right. How horrible of a business practice? Talk about business poor ethics?

So what did I do in response? I simply wrote them a very nice review which I posted as neutral. And I’m glad I did. As they now said they won’t ship the slotted rotor unless I pay them additional money. However, my post is intended to become a 5-star review IF and ONCE they shipped me the part as promised. It is as simply as that CCP! You just have to ship me the slotted rotor as you said you would....but I'm giving you a 5-star review until you have actually accomplished what you state!

Here is my neutral review which they don’t like:

“CCP shipped two different rotors (slotted & non-slotted). Installed one-side, which happened to be the slotted rotor, before opening the 2nd box. Oops! We had spend ~2 hrs removing & installing the slotted rotor before realizing this. Simply thought both were slotted. Called CCP to explain the situation & spoke w/ manager, Jeff. He was understanding & got approval on a Sat to send a matching upgrade slotted rotor. Have not received the rotor & will update this review as 5-star when received.”

So what’s the current status:

CCP sent this Ebay message to me directly yesterday:

“My name is Danny, I had a chance to review your phone calls from Saturday. Per the calls you agreed to leave a positive feedback in exchange for a FREE upgrade. As of writing this message to you, you left us a neutral feedback which was not part of the agreement you made with the Sales Rep. So moving forward we will be sending you a return label for the incorrect drilled rotor we sent you, as the listing was for plain rotors. If you would like to keep the mis-shipped rotor there will be a charge for that. The upgrade charge will be $37.50 plus tax. Please reply with your email address, as we need this to send you the return label.
Thank you and have a great day.”

As you can see, CCP is demanding that I give them POSITIVE 5-star before they will do anything to resolve the situation. How crazy is that?

IMO, CCP has absolutely horrible customer service policies. And if you do research on them on the customer service side, I’m not the 1st person to report this.

At this point I'm still giving CCP a chance to make this right. Hopefully someone above "Jeff" gets wind of this and fixes this situation. I think they are a good company that many have had positive experiences. Hopefully their Ebay department simply needs an education on customer service.

Just stinks that I am to "pull teeth" or go to this level of response in order for CCP to see the errors of their way. I own a small business and WOULD NEVER TREAT A SINGLE CUSTOMER IN THIS MANNER. I would be accountable for my mistake, admit it, and then do the right thing to make the customer happy.

All I'm asking for is to CCP to send me a match rotor was I can finish this install and get my freaking truck out of our business work shop! That's what is worse about this entire situation. I have a truck up on blocks waiting for parts that CCP won't ship!!

Last edited by customfab4x4; 02-09-2024 at 01:49 PM.
customfab4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote