View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #41
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Re: CPP again....I'll never learn ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
A lot of owners in this business know they have customer relations issues but choose not to do anything about it because the cash rolling in far out weighs the cash lost on a bad deals or the cost to fix them and that's unfortunate.

Good service is not hard to do but it does need to be the company culture and staying late some times to get orders done or preventing customer problems it part of that culture.

I sell a fan relay kit for Mark VIII and Taurus fans, its a niche market in side a niche market. I dominate this market and have to almost 3 years now for four reasons.
1). If a customer calls with a problem its fix to their satisfaction on the phone, they know what the remedy is and when to expect it. Yes I do make mistakes and they accept that.

2). I answer the phone up to 9 pm central for support because that's when most guys are installing my kits. If they need me on the phone while they diagnose an issue then that's what they get. You would not believe the word of mouth advertising from this alone.

3). I make sure the package going out is correct each time and if for some reason its not right when they get it I own the problem and fix it asap, that day or next day at the latest. In most cases I eat the extra shipping.

4). If there will be a back order when they make the purchase they get a call that day or next morning telling them when a parts is expected in and the option to refund the sale or wait. They have always waited.

Customer service needs to be a product that is bundled with each sale for free. The customers only obligations to the sale stop once he makes the payment and many companies make the customer jump through hoops just to get the right part.
In my next life i will sell fan relay kits and i promise #1 thru 4 will all be handled accordingly, at CPP the catalog has 300 pages of goodies. I can honestly say i have been in retail 20 years i have worked 11 of those here and NEVER in my life have i ever experienced a place so busy in my life and the last company i was with was on the Fortune 500 on the New York stock exchange. I have come to realize you do the best you can do and that all you can do, stress is the leading cause of death, i refuse to have my funeral at 37 years old! Your point is well taken and if you are ever in the Orange County area stop by and i will give you a shop tour.

Last edited by CPPJEFF; 03-21-2012 at 10:25 AM.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote