View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #31
Bluerust

Re: Dakota Digital HDX with the OBDII BIM module

Not quite the HDX, but I installed a VHX gauge system for my '86 with the Bim module late last summer. I have a PSI harness and PSI supplied E38 ECU/T42 TCU(4L80). I used an OBD splitter from Amazon. The gauge panel works great so far, knock on wood...

Hooking a scanner to it was interesting but worked. The code readers I have did not completely connect when I turned the key on initially. When I turned the key off it finally displayed codes and let me clear them. I think the scanner worked after turning the ignition back on at that point too. I've forgotten some details.

I had a misunderstanding with PSI when I talked to them about using the BIM module. I have an L96 6.0 with VVT. The PSI harness has the stock oil pressure sensor plug and the Bim module uses it. A PSI staff member had originally told me I needed to add the dakota digital oil pressure sensor to the engine also, which I did at first, but it wasn't needed after talking to a different PSI staff member during a different phone call.

1986 K30 L96/4l80/205

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=784999
Bluerust is offline   Reply With Quote