Thread: SiX-5 SuBuRbAn
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #60
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: SiX-5 SuBuRbAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
Jon if you have a 66 guage I would check it with the sender if possible. taillight problem sounds like a bad ground
ron
the gauge does show fuel, just not sure how accurate it is.
the ground thing makes sense, on the passenger side they have an extra wire that is soldered to the socket that goes to ground (I just left it), maybe I should do the same on the drivers side.

the steering wheel that came with this sub was beat, it looked like someone had got after it around the horn button area with some pliers and busted a couple chunks off.
so on looking in the yard I have a couple 60-61 wheels , a bunch of 62-64 wheels, and a few 66's, no 65's! ( I might need to find a few more 65 parts trucks!)
I went out to the local wrecking yard , and found a couple 65's that were off, they were both a little cracked up, but were better than what I had, so when I went up front, the guy sees the wheel and say that he just got one in that is real nice, he has it in the shop. turns out it is nice, almost too good for this project, but the patina matches.

also a shot of the antenna I found, and I tried to get a shot of the support I put in for the grille letters.
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote