Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #1
kdad

1966 C-10 build

New to the forum and just picked up a new project. Saw a 66' Fleetside LB in the locals for sale and could not resist. The price was $1500 which seemed a bit steep considering the rockers were toast and the bed was not as nice as I really wanted but what the F@*( lets just make em an offer and see what happens. So a few days later I am trailering this project home and wondering what I have gotten myself into. I think this happens on just about every project. The truck is in generally decent shape with the following.
The straight 6 was removed and swapped for a stock low mile 78' 305 V8 and a TH350
nice thing is they used the correct motor mounts and had the driveshaft yoke swapped out and it all fits together rather nicely. No exhaust on it but the stock manifolds. No throttle linkage or shifter linkage so the truck did not move but it started first time we turned it over and purred like a kitten. The brakes were recently all replaced with new shoes, turned drums, wheel cylinders and brake hardware kits. Hard to believe but everything was in the cab and in good condition as far as the dash and instruments were concerned. The lights and trims were in a separate box as well as the trim rings and lenses. 4 different tires and wheels but they all hold air so that's a plus. The suspension is shot the shocks and springs are gone but hey what did I expect for a 66' truck that had been sitting in a barn for the past 15 years. We ended up agreeing on $950.00 dollars for this project and think we didn't do too terrible considering we are not going to be putting her back to pristine condition anyways.

Last edited by kdad; 01-23-2019 at 03:47 AM.
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote