Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #7
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Welcome to the forum

I'd say you did good on the price for what you got.

Not to pee in your wheaties but have you checked the VIN on the cab and frame to be sure it matches your title? Reason I ask is that I see they used a e-brake crossmember for the trans crossmember. That style of e-brake crossmember was used '63-'65 and not in '66. But it could be just they used what they had. I would still check it out if you haven't already.
Thank you sir. We thought it was a swingin deal ourselves. I mean $950 dollars for this truck gave me a smile from ear to ear.

Good eyes, and I would never get upset at a lil pee in my Wheaties if it gave me some good info. LOL. But seriously thank you for the insight on the cross member it always helps to get as much intel as possible from seasoned truck owners. Appreciate all the help I can get.

I did check the VIN to see that the paperwork matched the truck .
we have a 2wd, 1/2 ton Long bed, Pickup, 1966, made in Fremont Ca, 62,905

So in the photos below we have a cross member that is at the mid point of the trans and of course then we have the rear or transmission cross member. The forward cross member does not look like it is needed any longer. Any issues with just removing this one and making a lil more room? Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kdad; 01-20-2019 at 10:17 PM.
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote