Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:47 AM   #16
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Instead of pulling the engine this go round the idea is to just get it running and drivable as is. Of course as long as its apart and we are clearing out the old non essentials like the old manifolds and swapping in a few other goodies I opted to go ahead and paint the engine with Easton's chevy Orange enamel. Was actually pretty easy to do with a brush. Replaced the timing chain cover made some throttle linkage, New correct radiator hoses, heater hoses, billet alternator mount, Braided stainless fuel lines/ filter, fuel pump and battery cables for ****s and giggles. Discovered a few funny items. The transmission fluid lines did not fit so the PO decided to just shove em in as far as he could and leave em. New lines being made. Not really into the hard lines so I opted for my local Trans shop to build me some new flexible lines with the correct threads and fittings. Its getting there little by little.

Ordered a set of headers and a few other parts to get it back together. Notice the old cross member is now removed.

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..

Last edited by kdad; 01-20-2019 at 10:22 PM.
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote