View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
Noah96

Re: The one without a garage

Now onto the brakes, wanted to do a disc swap on my 1st one but thought I would be in over my head so I skipped it. This time I just pulled the trigger and bought the parts and figured I would just go head first. Pulled the tires and drums down to the spindles on both sides in half a day, then began the real work the original rivets. Bought a cold chisel set hopping to use a hammer to bust them off, ended up buying and returning a cordless grinder over the course of a weekend. Took a whole full 8 hour day to get both upper ball joints out after grinding the heads off and punching the rest of the rivets through the control arm. Then rented a ball joint press from the parts store to remove the lowers and reinstall the new hardware. The tear down of the brakes has been by far the longest part of this build. I say it took a full 8 hr day but that was spread out over weekends and evenings after work and grad school. Once the new hardware was installed that was a great sigh of relief for me. I cleaned up the control arms some before putting the new hardware in for those wandering. After I got everything pressed in it was quick work compared to the teardown. Spent some time on youtube and the forum reading how to do things.
Attached Images

Noah96 is offline   Reply With Quote