View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 10:57 PM   #60
tmills213

Re: 1964 C20 Turbo LQ4 Build

Well somehow 2 years has escaped me. Time for a major update, I will try not to ramble. I have forgot what I have even posted so there may be some overlap

short story:
The truck was running and under its own power, then first test ride it hit 7 psi and blew three ring lands. End sad story haha.

Fuel:
-All lines were completed in Nicopp 1/2in feed 3/8 return
-A fuel filter was added off the tank with walboro 450.
-1/0 wire ran all the way to terminal for futur pump if needed.
-a crappy in bed nozzle was made to fill. not thrilled with it. The jeep tank sits close to the bed and I rush things

Engine,
-coil mounts were made to sit on top of the valve covers and I did not want to modify the new harness yet so i made the wires wrap around the headers and go from the underside.
-Ditched the GM and decided to just go Holley Terminator x max with 4l80e

Brakes
-Had brake line system and drive shaft quoted to have someone get the truck on the road and was told 5k. That helped me decide to get going on it myself. 700 later i was moving
-Big shout out to ORME brothers in Cali. I needed help talking myself through the mix match mess of 76 front 79 rear and 2002 MC. They helped me get through it and piece it out over the phone and ship what I needed. they were shop #6 i talked to trying to get help talking it out.
- Had to cut and modify the bar connecting the pedal to the hydroboost. little lathe work.

Driveline
-truck was brough to a fab shop on the trailer and said measure it. $320 later it was correct length and 3.5in diameter that I provided. little mixup with the 1410 ujoints vs the 1350 u joint in my 14 bolt rear. I bought a special adapter u joint until i change the rear.

power steering
-had to get some special hoses made and some certain AN fittings but not sure I am happy yet as they are aluminum and seem to leak slightly.

off subject.
I accidently bought a 1948 3600 into the mix for some reason.
Attached Images

tmills213 is offline   Reply With Quote