View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
SilverMachine

Re: How much lower is safe? - look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
As a daily driver, how many parking lot speed bumps do you have to deal with? Unless you go very slow over those, the truck will want to bounce a bit as the tires get to the flat road after the bump. About the same time as your headers are over the bump. If your truck is heavily loaded, it will both be sitting lower and subject to more bounce.

You might want to consider some shorty type headers first, then see where you are on being able to lower things. Otherwise, you might wind up re-buying lowering stuff if you buy lowering stuff first, then change the headers.
Yeah I definitely agree with you. The header idea is preferred since I'm starting to see some rust pop up on them anyway. The only thing that would hinder me from doing that is figuring how much work it would take to reconfigure the connection point for my exhaust and the new headers. Stanski brought up a good point too about tire rub, but with the common 4 inch drop in the front I don't think it should be a problem. I'll look for some shorty/ mid length headers.
SilverMachine is offline   Reply With Quote