View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #5600
stenbrin

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

$2995

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4573553785.html

1985 Chevy Crew Cab Dually that has been stretched into a limousine.

The story goes that a dozen or so of these trucks were built in the mid 80's for the first National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas. After that this truck was supposed to have been owned by somebody famous (I don't have a clue who anymore, a title search might turn it up), it was used to pull race car trailers for a while (in a spot or two you can still see the fluorescent green paint), moved around some more, and then I bought it in 2001. I had grand plans of fixing it, and got no farther than getting the windows tinted, with limo tint of course. I had planned on putting a 6" lift and 35's on it, I still would if I had the time.

The vinyl top needs fixed. I have collected all of the sheet metal that is necessary to completely replace the top with metal, I have a suburban top and a crew cab top, which should make enough sheet metal with the correct factory bends. Each of these tops extends down below the window-bottom line. I also have enough extra doors that the middle limo windows can be shaped from factory metal. Once the metal work is done, everything will have factory lines and bends.

The engine was a 454. It has a spun rod bearing. It has tri-y headers, (Doug Thorly I think). Turbo400 automatic transmission, NP205 transfer case. I have a 2001 8.1L, 496/502 with 4L80E automatic transmission that is available separately. If it makes or breaks the deal, I'll find a 454 to put in the pickup so you have a running vehicle.

The interior is ok, it is gray leather, with various corian pieces. It needs some TLC.

I have two replacement dually fenders that go with the truck.

As you can see from the pictures, I switched from the original 1985 grill to a 90's style grill.

Let me know if you want to come see it, Paul show contact info (phone, text, email are all fine). I do need to sell it, so make me an offer. What's the worst that happens, we end up with a deal?