View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #144
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

here is my current problems .

cooling system : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=778518

holley sniper from HELL FIGHT : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776523

and this sniper thread above is the short short version list . here is a play by play

1 - handheld problems on first fire up
2 - 2nd handheld d.o.a out of the box
3 - fuel mileage 6.25 mpg average so far around 500 miles and 30-45%tps at most 90% of the driving and only a few highway trips of 5-10 miles the rest is in town or country roads of 45-50 mph
4 - tech support help on there forum they don't baby sit or care about = crap treat you like a 2 year old right from the start by site admin and senior members
5 - have to use sniper program on a REAL computer to tune it 100% = NOT SELF TUNING like it shows on the box and also you DO need a computer unlike what the box shows
6 - wait time for parts replacement is kind of long and i had to ask my 3rd handheld be shipped faster they never offered it to me and the tech guy still had to get this o.k'ed from a higher up
7 - wait time on the phone can be long . . . but then if you wish to talk with the same tech person they do NOT have assigned ext#'s to use . you MUST wait yet again on hold to speak to them so this can more than double your wait
8 - emails seem better but almost every one i have got is at the end of the next day returned
9 - they love to avoid specific questions and or never acknowledge them at all
10 - they love to blame it on rfi interference for the routing of the units wires and such . this to me = crap product quality knowing it will be next to this kind of stuff and the wiring is super stiff
11 - the tech suport info can be a huge hit or miss . i asked the same question 2 x to 2 different people and got 2 totaly different answers that were 2 ends of the spectrum apart
12 - throttle arm is to short for correct throw ratio almost all people buy or build an extension arm for this and it also makes for a super stiff pedal
13 - self tuning is deactivated from all i have read on there forum and f-b page if you turn on progressive linkage to make it more like a carb with the quick fuel linkage part installed for the 2ndary link
14 - my idle air control is now acting up with random high idleand showing 0% iac and 0% tps positions and even does this driving on the road good thing i have 1ton brakes and hydroboost or i might not be able to hold it still
15 - coolant temp sensor is a known holley problem they wont fix or replace everyone just takes and buys there own replacement unit for 8-20 bucks and then drop over a gal of coolant out / swap it / refill and wasted time 20* off to the hot when cold and 16*-18* off to the cold when hot and they say this is NOT a problem . . how does it mix the air/fuel ratio's correctly when cold and also when hot this could be a problem with low temp t-stats installed as it switches at around 160* range unless you set your own switch over temp .
16 - intake air temp is in the unit and gets massive heat soak my truck has true cold air feed with the stock closed air filter system and duct to the front of the grill the other day it was 25*F out side and it took over 3 miles of city driving to go from 122*F heat soak down to high 50* showing as the temp . again how is this to mix the ratio correctly if your not up to temp and running off the o2 sensor
17 - found lots and lots of ecm replacment posts on youtube / forums / f-b page of holleys sniper
18 - heard of lots of people returning there units and getting refunds with no problem unlike me .
19 - started seeing the used take off market jump up on ebay for these unit now with few 100 miles or few months run time

i am sure there is more but this should be a good quick skim / low down of my problems with product / support / and others with the same i have found .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote