View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
69GMCor70Chevy

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

I had a 67 GMC from 92-95 but I sold it. I needed a truck for running around and hauling stuff around so I instantly wanted to get a 67-72. I wanted something that didn't need a frame off resto and hasn't had a frame off resto. This was based on price alone. I searched ebay/craiglist/autotrader/car domain/every list of vehicles for sale in North America. I bid on a few on ebay and had pics of 100 trucks from others in my email inbox but never closed the deal. Finally I was reading the nearest City's Newspaper while at my cabin at the lake (3 hrs away). I came across a 69 GMC for sale. It was on the lower side of the price I was willing to pay but I had pics sent to me and decided it was worth the look especially considering I almost bought one in San Jose the day before and the price plus travel and the border issues would have meant $2000 more than the asking. The guy told me that the rockers were needing replacement and the wood box was done. So I went up expecting that it would need alot of work. When I went to look at it I could barely contain myself while looking through it. What I found was a very strongly built/dressed 350 with a strong TH350 and brand new exhaust with cherry bombs, a cab that looked like new and when I pulled up the carpet it looked like the factory!! The rest of the body was in very good shape the only problem was that the paint from 4 years ago wasn't done that well. The bed wood was a write off but for the time being a new Lund snap on cover was installed and it is very easy to remove and replace as I found out when hauling a fridge on Sunday. The asking price was $3750 but I got him down to $2750 as he was moving. The way I see it this gives me plenty of money to make it the way I want. Enclosed is a pic. Oh yeah the problem with the rockers was a small amount of surface rust from not having mud flaps!
Attached Images

70 Mercury Marauder - Future Project
69GMCor70Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote