View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #21
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

My Dad and I drove over to Sterling, CO to pick up a 70 C10 that he bought from a friend of his. I had just sold my 56 Buick Special and was looking for a 67-72 but wasn't sure what I wanted. The 70 was going to be Dad's project.

After we got it loaded onto the trailer and started to leave, Dad's friend said to tune to xxxxAM radio station. The local ranchers and farmers have a program where they call in with equipment they have for sale. We hadn't made it 5 miles from Dad's friends house when this guy called in with "an old 68 Chevy pickup truck" for sale. He said the paint was OK, the interior was good, but the engine was shot. Knocked like the dickens. He wanted $1200 for it. As he gave his phone number, and Dad was already dialing on his cell!

It was about 40 miles south of where we were at the time, so we figured we just as well go look at it since we aren't that far away. We were much farther away from home at that point.

When we pulled up, there was a cherry blue 68 with flat tires parked in the ditch. I remember saying to Dad "if the one we are looking at is half as nice as that blue one, I'll give him cash right now!" Well, it turned out to be that one. I offered him $1000, he went in and talked to his son (it was his truck), and came back and said we have a deal. I gave him $500, and we came back the next morning and loaded it up!

Here is the way we found her. The green turd on the trailer in the background is the one my Dad bought. Board member Uncle now has it on the opposite end of the country!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote