Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
SS Tim

Re: Custom Deluxe emblem from Janesville Plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Joes Junk's C/20 is a '71,isn't it?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
i think the one in tim's link is joe's 71 - the spid above is his 72, so that kinda lends to the theory it was a location thing rather than a leftover thing. I would have suspected location also if it were only seen on some 71's, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Interesting thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.PASSMORE View Post
... Need less to say, this is a very interesting observation.
OK you two had me worried for a minute.
Went back and rechecked Joe's truck in the thread "Bought another 72" is a 72.

There are many possible reasons for the emblem positioning. At this point I would really like some examples of 71s so we can see how they were justified. If it changed for 72 then it was intentional for a reason. Would also like to see if the centered emblem continued for the full 72 production run or if it changed back over to the left justified location. So please check through your odd collections and see what you have. Like I posted earlier I found two in my Highlander files.

Finally the replies about this being "interesting" are helpful and appreciated. On projects like this I'm never sure how many people are going to respond or even care about this sort of subtle variation. Thanks for the support!
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote