View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 10:26 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: 33's with this lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowrun View Post
K5 I sold a couple years ago. 2 1/2 Tuff Country EZ ride front and 3” block on factory springs in the rear. 33 x 12.50 x 15 tires. Lots of off road with no fender contact ever.
Looks like your tires are low on pressure

I agree, she's saaa-weet! Why do we sell these things? I miss my ragtop '85 diesel Jimmy. I miss my '90 Blazer I bought new and ran for 18 years, still running great. On that one I got bummed out after sending money to STC (remember them?) for a soft top that never happened. Excuses on delay were vendors holding up components. It wasn't until the recording the number was no longer in service that I realized they took my money and ran. Shipment on components was likely held till STC caught up on their standing balance. My last call was to see what was up with my refund I had requested.

That '90 had 33/12.50s on 10" turbines. I took it to the spring shop and had them bring the front end up and inch or two by re-arching and adding a lift. No more than 2" lift only on front to level it up. I never twisted that one up, it was my ex-wife's daily driver. They'd rub up front in a twist but never snagged the Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender flares. 8" wheels would have done the trick

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote