View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #187
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

The Paintman is back with more fun filled adventures! Sorry for the slow updates but things have been kind of hectic at the Paintman's household. First off, with kids, the Holidays just seem to keep me out of the garage. Then our 6 month old Great Dane had some health issues. Unfortunately Mr. Magoo had a bad case of Pano (or long bone). For those of you who don't know, Pano is a condition that fast growing dogs sometimes get (Magoo gained 60 pounds in 4 months). Basically the bones grow faster then the rest of the body. Thus the muscles and tendons tear and swell the joints. This leads to taking care of a paralyzed 100 pound dog for 2 weeks. I'll let your imagination figure out what my wife and I were going through. Fortunately after a shot of morphine and 20 days on horse pain killer pills, Magoo is back to his old self, full of piss and vinegar! But I digress.
[/URL]

In between caring for Magoo,working, and entertaining the wife and kids, I spent a few days prepping the inside of the cab for paint. After going through about 50 sheets of sand paper, 10 sanding discs, and a whole bunch of skinned knuckles... I thought I was ready set the cab down on the floor and flip it up on its nose for prepping and painting of the underside.

Then I remembered that one of the previous owners of the truck had absolutely no business building hot rods. "What do you mean you ask"? Well the seat that came in the truck was never mounted to anything! That's right it was just sitting on a 1/2" piece of plywood that was cut oversize so it would rest on the seat riser. that meant if I was to stop short...well you get the picture, Paintman hood ornament.

Sooooo, the Paintman (who also has absolutely no business building a hot rod), set forth on an epic adventure in seat mounting. First off I thought about buying a new seat because the one that came with the truck, although comfy, was a little bit to wide as it rubbed the doors. Also the seat frame did not lend itself to making a mounting bracket easily. I considered buying a seat from either Glide or Bengals but kind of coughed at $700. I really like the way the base of their seats tilted forward though because I plan on mounting the fuse block under the seat.

So after I a quick trip up the road to the local junkyard and spending $50 this is what I came home with.
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote