Thread: Truck Fire!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #20
In The Ten Ring

Re: Truck Fire!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
I was with you up to that point. So if you don't like me, you let my house or car burn a little longer? I seriously hope that was just angry internet fingers.

Any chance this truck had one of those clear fuel filters?
And that's reality. Talk crap to people and then be shocked when they don't move as fast as you'd like or do as nice of a job.

I'd probably have done the same thing concerning opening the hood and then closing it again.....by that point....lacking an extinguisher, it's about all he could have done.

As for emotions, it takes time to learn to stay calm in situations. Good thinking on going by the fire department. Now if you REALLY want to make a good impression, type up a letter thanking them and apologizing for the hasty words and sign it......also....I'd find the man I said those to and apologize personally to him. People don't do that anymore so when it happens, it really has impact.

One positive thing......people following this thread will be thinking about a fire extinguisher! I think one would go really well behind the driver's side in the cab corner there......like the jack goes into the other cab corner.

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 04-26-2015 at 11:17 AM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote