View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #219
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 68 GMC 4x4 Suburban build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SWB4x4 View Post
figured out the stumble at low rpm

it wasn't getting enough fuel as the PO installed a inline fuel filter and it still had the filter in the Qjet which looked... Old

took that out and it seems like the Horsepower doubled.

Still some pop and hesitation as I need to tune it some more now.

Took it get aligned and now I can drive down the road straight but there is still a lot of play in the steering wheel so I have to chase down whats worn out.

I am going to start with adjusting the steering box as it seems to have some play there.

Also saw a K20 suburban down the street from the tire shop when taking it there had to get a picture

I would put a new filter back in the carb inlet. They catch a lot of fine gritty contaminants that the inline filters don't. I'm sure it was just plugged up.

I don't know how familiar you are with adjusting steering boxes but if you do try to adjust it do not adjust the set screw more than a quarter turn at a time and try it. If you tighten it up too much the steering may lock up when you turn a corner and you will not be able to straighten it back out. Years ago I went through a fence and almost hit a tree because I adjusted the set screw too tight. Just a heads up.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote