View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 05:58 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: 2016 K2500HD work truck

I didn't think anyone bought a new truck because they thought it was good looking. I thought they only buy them because they are new. That's me anyway. The good looking trucks have already been made. I figure that's the reason for the extreme upturn of interest in older trucks and why those are priced so ridiculously now.

As far as dealer ordering goes, what you say may be true. But, when I wanted to order a truck I looked until I found an intelligent dealership, or at least an intelligent salesman. He was smart enough to see the benefits of placing special orders for customers. Here is what he said when I said "I guess you guys would rather I buy from your inventory",

"We figure a customer like you comes in to order a truck, you hand us money up front, the truck comes in sold, we call you, You give us down payment, the truck is off the lot with no interest paid and only washed once. Meanwhile we sell off the lot to everyone else"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote