View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 PM   #94
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Been crazy busy lately with little time to work on the project. I am without adult supervision for a week while the wife went to Florida to visit her parents for Christmas so the next 7 day should be pretty productive for me!

Plans over the next few days are to finish up the rust repair on the floorboards and front cab supports, finish the modifying and install the transmission cross members, install the ORD twin stick shifter (Wow, that looks like a Chinese finger puzzle!) and get the shafts measure and set off to the driveline shop. The upholstery guy said it will be 3 weeks! before the seats will be done so the truck may have to go to the Rhino line shop on the trailer.

I finally got the hydrobooster lines installed tonight. So far no leaks with the system full of fluid but we’ll see once the system is pressurized. Ended up having to have both hydrobooster lines reworked by the local hydraulic shop due to the metric fittings at the booster, standard steering gear as well as the odd ball bend to get into the 8.1L P/S pump.

Waiting on a cross member. Not too sure about AA’s square stock tube idea for a trans mount adapter.

P/S cooler and fresh Argent paint in the head light bezels buckets to match the OEM grill I am planning to go back to. I think that is how they were originally (I swear my dad’s ’78 K20 had Argent headlight bezels when it was new).

You can see paint chips where this truck was originally Colonial Yellow. The ironic thing is my dad’s K20 wrecker that I inherited is also Colonial Yellow.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote