View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #26
skymangs

Re: Project "Sweet 16"

I have a few questions that I'm sure folks on this board are smart on...

1. I understood that I'd have to move the motor back considerably (like 5-7"). The S10 was a 4.3L, and the 350 is mounted on the stock S10 mounts now. Looking at where the cab sits, I only have about 2.5~3" behind the motor to be able to move back and still fit the HEI distributor. If I move the motor back 3", I still won't have clearance for the clutch fan up front. Would need about 5" to do that. If I run a 16" electric, I don't even need to move the engine back. So is it even worth re-locating the drivetrain if I can't use a fan anyway? Will an electric fan and an aluminum radiator keep it cool enough in Missouri summers?

2. Right now on the stock S10 suspension, I have 8.25" ground clearance at the lowest point on the front fender. Does that sound normal for a S10 frame swap?

3. In order to use the stock radiator core support I will either need to clearance it for the power steering pump (would have to use a smaller radiator), or run it at a 15 deg angle. I am leaning twords angling it to facilitate as much radiator surface area as possible, what are some other methods folks have used? What would you guys recommend?

thanks for all the support, this board has made this project become a reality!
Attached Images

skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote