View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #1228
SBTork
Garage wrench

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
I got all fired up tis morning to go install a carpet kit that's been sitting in my garage for about two years. I bought it from a guy advertising on CL for about $50, if I remember.

What I forgot to ask, I guess, was low or high hump? Well, naturally I have a low and the kit was high. It beat the crap outta me, as I was committed to install it...budget being what it is, and the fact that the seats were now out and laying in the driveway (Blazer rear seats - can't remember the year).

So...I cut up the old grungy carpet and taped the hell outta it, doing my best to make a high hump out of carpet.

It came out okay, with a minimum of folds where you can see them. But not perfect, by any means. I'm gonna have to run what I brung.

Point really was, after I was beat to crap and the time flew by waaay past lunch, I popped a Hansen's Rasberry and loaded it into a plastic cup with a ton of ice. Went out to look at the morning's work. The XM started playing Pink Floyd. I was kicking back and got inspired to vacuum. I did that, then remembered I forgot to cut a hole for the dimmer switch. Did that. Sat in the driver's seat. Leaned back...Dumped 12 oz. of Hansen's and a half a pound of ice cubes all over leather and new carpet. Not even one slurp left for my trouble!!!

nice story At least you have something nice to show for the effort, I think it looks good.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....