View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 03:56 AM   #18
bob arrington

Re: "offroad" cherry picker?

to help a bit more, I parked my retirement project c20 directly in front of the garage with the front tires on ramps so I could get under it to work also but the tires on the lift would have rolled under the truck without them. The extra height of the tires made it possible to pull the engine without having to remove the truck from the ramps, the rubber tires made it possible to roll the hoist and engine into the garage without issue, the engine was put on an engine stand, the hoist was rolled back out side . when the engine was complete, I reversed the process, the rubber tires making it possible to slide the hoist side to side to align it with the truck. Except for needing to use a step stool for the engine install on the mounts and aligning the trans shaft into the clutch, its the easiest I've ever done by myself outside and I'm almost 69 years old. The rubber tires had enough give that when things were close, I put my weight on the end of the hoist with one hand and maneuvered the engine with the other, saving all that up and down to get things lined up. After the bottom end was buttoned up, I rolled the truck off the ramps and finished the top end. hope this helps
bob arrington is offline   Reply With Quote