Re: Well it’s started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68panelman View Post
Thanks, and of course I have multiples of them too, can just have one
Ya know!!!
You betcha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
My place isn't bad, 1/2 acre, plus I do my elderly neighbor's yard, another 1/2. Right now my other neighbor is also getting done by me till he recovers from back surgery. so, about 1.5 all total. When we bought our place, I wanted some yard, but not enough to make me work hard when I got old (like now ). I just have the typical JD 42" deck, mostly because of all the trees and bushes to maneuver around.

IT's enough to let me enjoy being outside, but not enough to make it seem like a JOB. This time a year is bad just keeping up with the leaves and trimmings all the bushes back. I THINK I finished up yesterday, but these stupid trees in the south love to drop leaves for about 6 months.
Looks like a pleasant place to be. I enjoy mowing. I get a chance to let my thoughts run things over, whatever comes to mind. There's always something. I also know it's good aerobic exercise. If I had a larger piece of land it wouldn't be mowed grass. It's against my religion to cut grass on the weekend. If it doesn't get cut one weeknight it waits till next week. I refuse to be a slave to my grass. I hear mowers running on the weekend, sometimes fills the air, and I think what slaves those poor people are. I'd plant wildflowers or some crop, like grow produce. Or put stock on it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote