Thread: slammed 57
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 12:06 AM   #505
Kartch1

Re: slammed 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed57 View Post
Hey bud, good hearing from you, glad to see your getting some work done on it. For my front wheels they are 8" wide with 4.5" back spacing on them. if you get a measurement from your rotor to your frame I'll compare it to mine, also your hub to hub track width.
as for tire to fender I have 3.5" of clearance. Remember when you ride these trucks low your going to need some clearance for turning. having then this low your always going to rub some where ( its just the nature of the beast) question is, when you get a good turning radius do you want it to rub on the outer lip of the wheel opening of the fender or the frame. I pick the frame because its a smooth surface and no one will ever see the rub mark . the wheel opening on your fender is going to chew up your tires and even worse damage your fender a bit. mine rubs just ever so slightly on the frame at full steering lock. hope this helps.
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I will message you some measurement tomorrow. What you say makes total sense. I went with the Scotts Hotrod superslam after talking to you a while back. Great kit.
Your project is looking great!! So awesome to see it come together.
Kartch1 is offline   Reply With Quote