View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 10:11 PM   #439
vintovka

Re: 55 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Well between illness and non stop rain its been a long cold wet winter. Did get some stuff on the 54 fixed however and thought it might be helpful to point out things. The module fix went fairly smooth. After a month or so of being down with this or that i discovered a serious electronic miss. Engine was not running well and very poor power. After some investigation and ruling out improper firing order and/or a broken wire we found the culprit. Yup Chinese EBAY parts again. The way the cap/coil set up is, it leads to a bad coil ground. Pic below says it all. Even with the coil screws fully screwed down it did not ground well. Also the inside contacts were really burned as shown. Friend suggested replacing the cap/coil with a real, US made, Delco Remy parts. It worked. Even stopped the tach needle from jumping all over. Since were back on the Chinese crap part issue here's a pic of my almost new heater valve. Less than 2 years and its badly corroded both inside and out and leaking. Replaced it with an all brass valve and will post pics when i get the cable to cab hooked up right.
Attached Images

Last edited by vintovka; 04-18-2024 at 10:36 PM.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote