View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #26
gigamanx

Re: Beginner Build with Ambition gets some air ride suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
the money you save on buying just lower balljoints and bushings isnt enough in my opinion for the time spent installing them. order loaded lower control arms instead, from moog problem solvers (the r series is ok too) it works out to a difference of 40 bucks a side vs just ordering bushings and balljoints. even if you flip a local guy with a press 20 bucks to do the switching for you, is it worth the 60 to degrease and paint and everything?

just 2 pennies of opinion, do whatever you want to.

my wife doesnt understand why I do my own front end work, I get so dirty and frequently angry at how stuck together everything is, but she doesnt really see that I am putting together new parts and that is easy and clean and satisfying.
I'm getting the feeling you're right just digging into this.i think stock lowers are about 80 bucks a side. I've probably spent 20 on degreaser so far lol. I started dehumping them today. Do you suggest I quit while I'm ahead and just order two new Lowers to cut up?

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote