View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #35
joedoh

Re: Beginner Build with Ambition gets some air ride suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
If it makes a difference, I checked my front bags. They are Firestone RideRite 224c bags. Looks like they are 2600lb equivalent and max diameter is 7.5". 3" minimum and 9" maximum height.

yeah you will need to trim a bit for them, they balloon when inflated. good bags for the front though.

here is a bit of interesting history: there is no such thing as a "2600 lb bag". sure thats what everyone calls it, but the reason why is, back in the mid 90s when airbags were getting popular, a company called Aim Industries was one of the first to mainstream "kits", but they had a hard time getting people to understand that a firestone 255c was actually smaller than a firestone 224c. both double convoluted, similar load, but the volume of the 224c was larger and therefore had a lower spring rate, which rode better, if you could get them to fit (believe it or not S10s were not popular at all in the mid to late 90s) so they started marketing them as "2500 lb" and "2600 lb" airbags. it stuck, even though the load specs are higher than that, and every bag company from then on started listing them in those terms. even slam specialties, the re5 is a 2500 lb comparison, the re6 a 2600 lb... and so on.

just a bit of history.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote