View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #12
C.I.Blazer

Re: New Blazer in WA State

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

DCVN, your new build looks great. Do you have a build thread of that one too? I am curious, your first build you spent a lot of time repairing existing panels with patches and in this one you appear to just be replacing whole panels. I assume replacing the whole patch is easier / better albeit more expensive? I am new to welding / body work (really this whole process) like you were when you started. What would you recommend?

Keith, I am on Camano Island which is about an hour north of Seattle. From your profile looks like you are in the Yakima area? Drove right through there picking her up just outside of La Grande Oregon.

Jim, that is great to hear. As part of my rolling restoration, I want to see what I can do about the paint job. Main goal is to stop the spread of rust and get something on the body to protect it. I dream of doing a frame off one day. Maybe down the road but in the meantime I definitely want to learn to do some painting at home.

First step is to do the regular tune up work. Brakes were just done by the PO so really just fluids, spark plugs, and try to diagnose some drips.
C.I.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote