View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #42
gigamanx

Re: Beginner Build with Ambition gets some air ride suspension.

Pretty successful day today. One side is just about back together. I've spent a few weeks crouched under the fender now. Back is definitely feeling it! I'd say the front end is more difficult than the back because it requires some engineering. I had to figure out cups, shock placement and hangers, my accuair e-level switch, then making sure it all had clearance. After bolting it all back together I was hitting one bag on the corner of the spring pocket. A little nip and cut and we're in good shape. Tomorrow I'll finish up the drivers side so I can test the bags.

Offset the brackets when I welded them to get a little more distance from the frame.
20190824_142451 by giga manx, on Flickr

Speedway shock Mount bolts
20190824_170822 by giga manx, on Flickr

Hard parts done!
20190824_183648 by giga manx, on Flickr

Posting extra pics cause I was surprised how few of them I could find online for where the shock hanger goes, what the spring pockets look like, etc. Hope it helps someone else doing an s10 bagged setup

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote