View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #32
cornerstone

Re: Backhoe recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I'd walk away if it has...metal fatigue will get you lots of problems..
Yeah that’s one of the first things I was looking for, stress cracks near all the pivot points, extra welds or plates added for strength. I didn’t see any at all. I brought my step brother Tom out with me to check it out since he’s so familiar with diesel engines and tractors in general. He’s been driving tractors since the age of 10... grew up farming in Searcy Arkansas. His feelings were the same as mine so I paid the man and drove it around the corner to my house, probably under a quarter of a mile.

I parked it in the driveway, walked in the house and the wife says “well, tell me about it” I figured it would be better for me to just take her outside to see it as opposed to giving her specs and numbers. She saw it and said ”WOW!!!... it’s got an arm!!” I thought I’d fire it up and stand it up on the outriggers and show her how cool it is. I felt like a 10 year old boy flexing my bicep for my girlfriend. Wouldn’t ya know it, it wouldn’t even crank.

I’m sure it’s something simple. Anyways, it’s mine now.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote