View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #97
cubber

Re: Cubber's Build Thread

Ok, I have wish-washed back and forth about the engine to use in my truck. I wanted to keep the inline and build it or turbo it- too expensive. I wanted to freshen the inline up, put on a 2 barrel, and drive it-not enough power. I wanted to put in a crate motor...to boring for me. Today, as i was searching CL for any useful parts, I came across something, something loud, something fast. Something that belonged to a friend of a friend. After a few phone calls, a 20 min car ride, and a tire smokin', thunder rollin' test drive in a "71 Chevelle, I bought it. Not the car, the motor. The motor was built, and put in the car a while back. through a series of events, the owner realized he had an SS big block car, instead of a hopped up Malibu. Bottom line, he is going to return the car to original, so I adopted the 383 STROKER MOTOR!!!!! It is loaded with all the right internals, topped by the right heads, and to top it all off, he has no use for any of the accessories. Basically, I got a motor complete from chrome breather to ceramic coated headers for a song!! The motor has like 1500 miles on it, and I got to hear it run and drive it. I have always wanted a stroker motor, but thought I couldn't afford it. Turns out I was wrong. I left a deposit, and he is going to have a mechanic (who happens to be an old family friend) pull it, and then it's into my doghouse. After such a great day last Saturday, and now this? What a Thanksgiving week, and that's not even thinking about the big things I'm so thankful for each day.
Attached Images

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote