View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 11:43 AM   #2436
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
Well, I'll have a proper, cohesive response after I mop up the drool puddle!!! WOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
My. ohhh. my.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKC View Post
D... d... d... d... ayam! Yeaaaaahh, boy! You should be proud of yourself.And uh, yeah, riiiight. Sure Vic, whatever you say...
I seem to be getting that a lot. One of the hazards of project creep I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Congratulations Vic... She is absolutely beautiful... I will be at the house Saturday... a cruise on down and give her that real good shake down run...
Hey Dan, won't have the tags on it by tomorrow, but would love to make a quick trip to check things out before the big road trip in May. I'll let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynuke View Post
Outstanding work Vic! Your attention to detail really comes through in this build. I've enjoying following this one from the beginning!
Thanks, Shawn, I'm already having project withdrawal shakes. The shop is empty this morning with CRLS out getting the front end aligned and an inspection. Looks weird in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Awesome Possum! Great to see it headed for the streets! Super stoked for you.
Thanks, Chip. Looking forward to some cruises this summer parked next to you and Vern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Ya know that hood really looks sweet in that shot from above, nice touch!
Thanks, Mike. Hope your weather makes a turn soon and you can get back on the rat. I'll be living vicariously thru other builds now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
She's a beaut Vic you've done yourself proud.
I love the hood, it's probably my favorite customization that you have done.
I like the tailgate badge too that's cool.
Thanks, Brian. Good talking to you the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It looks absolutely stunning Vic!!!!
Thanks, Dale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercheyenne View Post
Beautiful truck Vic. The subtle mods are just amazing.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Truck looks amazing Vic, awesome job.
Hey Keith, I can't wait to see how your 'burb turns out. I love everything you've done so far and have no doubt it will be one cool ride when you're done.

The trip down to NKC Brake this morning went pretty well. I stopped to top off the gas at the station and the engine stalled just as I went to pull out. It fired right back up, though, and didn't act up again. Seemed like the converter wasn't locking up. RPM was 2000 at 65 mph which seemed higher than yesterday when I drove it around the block. The guys at NKCB are swapping out the rear tires for some Nitto NT555's, so I'll have to hook the laptop back up to adjust for the increased tire diameter. I'll be able to verify TC lockup on the virtual dashboard. The PWM (pulse width modulated) fan controller seems to be working okay. It sings a little bit, but I left the stereo off so I could listen for any strange and wonderful noises.

I have to tell on myself, though. Since the first time I started the engine, it ran a little rough. When I pulled it out to take some photos the other evening, I was getting a pop, pop, popping noise thru the stereo speakers. Later in the evening, the light bulb went on in my head and I went back downstairs and lifted the hood. Sure enough, the plug wire on the back cylinder was hanging down. (You can see the tip of the spark plug in the photo near the red arrow.) I remembered I'd removed it when I was fitting the modified brake lines to the MC but never put it back on.

Thought maybe that might clear up the MIL issue, but it didn't. Somewhere I read that the MIL gets 12V from the ECM when the engine is running and 0V when sending a code or the key is on with the engine not running. However, I haven't been able to find that blog anywhere. If that were true and there was a small differential between the ECM signal and alternator voltage, it could account for the dim LED glow I'm seeing. Anyway, it's not a big issue as it's not really noticeable when driving down the road.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote