View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
carbonfumes

I6 292 Engine Build Questions

I'm sure this has been hashed over too many times, or someone will say put a LS motor in, I get that but, I really want to keep the I6 292 in my 65 longbed. I am needing to rebuild it as compression is really low, and its eating oil (rings shot), from everything I can tell it is 100% stock. I am keeping the Muncie 4 speed trans, and changing to 308 gears, the truck has a static 4-6 drop and is just a cruiser, and will never see a dragstrip. That being said I want some performance on this build, a torquey stop light to stop light machine, that also sounds good. I live in a colder climate with elevation ranging from 1000-6000 ft. above sea level, and drive it most days except in extreme cold weather.
I plan on doing Clifford Intake(heated), Clifford Headers, Holley 390 4 bbl, lump port heads, performance cam, HEI dist, electric fuel pump, aluminum radiator, and electric fan. Clifford and 12Bolt want HUGE money for performance pistons, I don't know if that's necessary? Opinion on Clifford vs Offenhauser parts? Any other ideas, or input on performance reliability on this build would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

carbonfumes is offline   Reply With Quote