View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 06:06 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Forest Service Trucks

I really like your truck! It's funny you should start this thread. If I could go out to the shop and start building a truck today it would be a US Forest Service K/20. I've been thinking on it a while. I wanted a municipal type of a build and these trucks rose to the top as giving great visual memories of my more adventurous younger days. I mainly remember the ones at Cape Hatteras National Seashore back when I was all about surfing. You didn't see a lot of 4wds in the '70s like you do these days. But there you did because surf casting is a big deal. The rigs you'd see set up for that were cool as well. But the Dept of Interior ran those green 4wd trucks with wide tires mounted on black steel wheels. So cool!

I don't have any pictures, other than in my head. But here are some USFS trucks of other brands
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-02-2019 at 06:33 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote