View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Re: A noiseless Harley really .

I should have asked that, "Did you just wheel it out?". If you had just hopped of it the first drop would be there by the time both feet were on the ground.

I've been watching Harley's customer base evolve through the decades and pretty much be changed now that my generation seems to have become irrelevant. We always looked up to and modeled ourselves after the older guys. That ain't happening with the generations since. They could care less what we did or how we did it. Shorts and sneakers used to be taboo, for one. Still are and always will be for me.

Bikes are different. It has always been common for riders to hang onto their bikes for a long time. It's also been common for riders to own many bikes. So I don't see long time ownership as hurting Harley. Where do you think all these old Pans came from? It's common to find riders retire from riding but can't bring themselves to let that cherished ride go. They stash easy. My buddy has this '40 WLD he's the second owner of since he got back from 'Nam. He seldom rides her but will never let her go. He rides a '72 Sporty. Jimmy's are the last two pictures

This may be my favorite picture ever of myself and my bike. Taken by my son at a very young age, obviously, from the ole '71 Custom Camper. We were headed back home down I-70 after a camping trip in the mountains in my good old days. I tried resizing it on P-bucket and shrunk it by accident and now it's grainy when enlarged. I still love it. I need to dig the print out a scan again

Name:  scan0035-2.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  39.6 KB

This one is also special. It was in a bike show

Name:  IMG_1583.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  72.0 KB
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-24-2019 at 09:44 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote