View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 12:46 AM   #5
64shortbox

Re: P/S, P/B upgrade help!

Definitely use Captainfab's power brake booster bracket & Power steering box bracket. They are the best and reasonably priced. As far as doing it on the cheap - as stated earlier use EVERYTHING from a 73 to 87 C-10 this includes the factory master cylinder, proportioning valve and ALL hard brake lines. You will need to make a bracket to mount the proportioning valve in correct location for a 73 - 87 C-10 but other than that it's all a direct fit. Install all the hard lines but leave them loose. Once all the lines are installed and hooked up then go around and finish tightening them up.

I used EVERYTHING from my 73 donor truck. If you look at the pics I'm sure you'll agree the 73 stuff looks like it was made for our trucks.

That oblong hole by the upper control arm? The 73 C-10 hard brake line was an exact match to line up with that factory hole in the frame where the hard brake line transitions to the flex hose to the brake caliper. Using all the 73 hard lines & master saved me many hours of bending, measuring & flaring brake lines to fit.

Hope this info helps.
Attached Images

64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote