View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #102
BB70c10
BB70c10

Re: how to do a burnout?

i've seen first hand the damage overreving can do during a burnout.We were at the dealership i work at late one night wet sanding my buddy's 84 chevy truck.It usually sits on 44's but he had 33's on it so we could reach it.It has a decent 383 stroker in it.We were messing around with our little 4 cyl. daily drivers doing burnouts down the middle of the shop(at that time a brand new multi million dollar shop).My buddy decided to join in with his truck.He was doing a burnout standing still and the engine was screaming.All of a sudden, BANG!!!The drive shaft came flying out from under the truck,flew half way across the shop.It busted a guys taillight and hit a 20k dollar toolbox before it stopped.We looked under the truck and the bellhousing was cracked 2/3 of the way around and the transmission was leaking fluid from a hole busted in it.We spent about 2 hrs trying to clean up the black marks and trans fluid.we thought we got away it,but i walked in the next morning and the manager,shop foreman and half the shop was hosing down the entire shop.I learned 3 lessons that night,dont drink beer and do burnouts at work,burnouts and breaking driveshafts could kill people,and dont use enviornmentally friendly brake cleaner to clean up a tile shop floor-your service manager will bust his a$$ when walks in the door the next morning.It was fun to watch though.
BB70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote