View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
BIGglaSS

Re: Setup question with what I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennislbrooks View Post
Got to ask --- does your olds have oem red front inner fenders?
Yes
Did the w30 package come without the rear spoiler?
Yes, it was optional
But I take you have the correct air cleaner for the true ram air. Does yours have the factory aluminum intake? - valuable item.
Yes to both.

As I understand you cannot tell options from the vin --- 344 ----does means 442.
True, that's why there are fakes. All W's were built in Lansing or Canada. So if it doesn't have M in the vin, it's a fake. Canadian built are documented. Lansing are not. You have to find a build sheet or window sticker to verify options.

I take the power brakes were added as I thot the w30 did not allow them because of lack of cam vacuum.
Only on 4 speed manual. TH400 had a slightly different cam grind to allow power brakes, steering, A/C, and different rear end gear.

Mine is orig black interior with buckets console shifting--type O rear diff. 455 is orig , I put stock cam back in -- wicked enough. My 400th was not the orig but out of a Pontiac --orig would have been type O. So I added a 700r4 with no lockup --- we cruise in the fall. I would go 200 4r if did again. But I have no complaints on the 700.
It is a common misconception that the W30 was only a no power 4 speed car. There's a lot more special touches to a "W" car vs standard 442. Unfortunately many are fakes. There are more on the road today than left the factory. I don't care for the BB and TH400, but I'm not changing it on this one. This is my collector, sunday cruiser that I will never sell. The 57 truck is my restomod, thrasher.
BIGglaSS is offline   Reply With Quote