View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 06:10 AM   #3305
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Worked in London on Friday. Had a training session for 20 senior nurses that went great.

Earlier in the day I saw this bike.

Branded as a Mondial, I suspect it is another Chinese built clone, using an old name and license.

They are available in 125cc and 250cc and I love the look.

By 15.00my car said it was a bit hot.

Back home, even the cats had melted, looked like Dukey had tried to drag himself off the couch and failed.

Had to go to the shops yesterday, was looking for some affordable work shirts, this led me to the usual Turkish restaurant I love going to on a Saturday afternoon.

Pizza anyone?

And no, it does not have to be round.

Not a good day for Bootfairs today.

The larger One has shut down for the rest of the year, due to trading laws, which means they can only use a site so many times per year, and the second site they usually move to has been closed down this year, as it will be developed into an housing estate.

So the smaller site was operating. But with less than half the field occupied by 06.30 when I got there, usually it’s a lot fuller even by then.

So I did not hold out much hope, and seeing hordes of Eastern Europeans flocking the site meant some shoving and being walked out the ground, fortunately I am larger than life and only got shoved once.

I walked the rows and there was very little of interest, and I tend to avoid tables when there are 10 young men milling about, all speaking foreign and getting way too close inside my personal space, I had been attempted to get pick pocketed a few years ago by a man, I got his hand on my wallet in my pocket, and landed a flat handed slap to the side of his head, this really pisssed Nicola off at the time as she was worried I could have been assaulted by a gang, but I told her in no uncertain terms to not even go there, she may have understood.

So by the time I got to the second row, after starting out, I saw some bits, randomly on a table. Seller a super nice guy, chatted with him for about 15 minutes in the end.

Bought a few things off him.

Some 150mm Velcro 320 grit sanding discs for when I get to that on the truck.

£5.00/50 per box, one box for mate Martin. Or about $7.50 per box

3mm drill bits 10/pack £5.00 took all four as they are disposable these days. Or $7.50 for 10
12mm HSS drill bit £1.00 or about $1.50

So the Bootfair was not a total bust.

Came home and now it is raining, perfect to break the long hot spell, and stop me from grinding a truck fender

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote