View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
HO455
Post Whore

Question Looking for a measurement TH350 cable.

Can anyone measure how much travel the detent cable (Kick down cable) has? Basically from the bracket to the end of the cable fully extended. Blue arrow to blue arrow at full throttle.

I have just replaced my TH400 with a TH350 and I am unable to get the throttle to open completely with the cable hooked up. I have what appears to be the common Chevrolet small block bracket that bolts to the last 2 bolt on the intake manifold. I have lifted the tab on the new cable and adjusted the cable as far forward as it will go. This only lets the secondaries on the Qjet open about 30%.

I'm starting to believe that maybe the transmission end of the kick down may be the problem. If I knew how much the cable should be able to move I can compare that to mine before I start pulling things apart.

I've got a couple of hours searching for the solution but all the different factory brackets seem to to put the cable at the same distance on the manifold. With all OEM components there isn't any reason I can see why this isn't working properly. Last photo is the bracket style I have installed.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote