View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 02:21 PM   #1
TheKorndog

Air conditioning updates

Howdy everyone-
Just got my a/c system apart; didn't realize I have the original evaporator core, POA valve and txv. What my initial thoughts were during this resto was I would use an updated system, since I have the serpentine setup from a 97 C1500/Vortec. Looking at everything now, if this evaporator core turns out to be good (anyone want to interject how I determine that?), I may just install an updated POA/txv/parallel flow condenser & dryer and then have hoses made that connect my H6 compressor on the drivers side to the rest of it.

What I am looking for from you fine people is: if I am to update the POA/refresh the evap core/hoses, is this type of system efficient enough to keep this rig balls-cold? I have seen kits that allow you to adopt a cycling style compressor and have it function as designed with 134 in it.

I have the box split and open replacing all of the rubber and such...anyone know where to source the semi-tubular rivets of the proper dimension before I head down that rabbit hole?

Thanks all for the information and assistance you put into this forum. I appreciate it!
Stroked L31 & serpentine belt system (97 C1500 donor); K case 4L60e; Fitech GoEFI 4; In Tank retrofitted fuel pump tnk-pa-6; Fitech GoShift controller; 12 bolt Yukon gear posi 3.73 rear diff; NP205; Redhead steering gear; JB Custom Fab NP205 twin sticks
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote