View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
zippeay

Re: My own build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJSR View Post
I agree 100%. Your 36' had many killer details. Keep at it man!
Thanks! I do miss my 36... I will build another one day but this time I want one with fenders!
Ok, so here's the weekend update. I finished the metal work on the inner fenders. Now I just need to do a little bondo work to smooth it out. They came out pretty good I thought. I modified the hood hinge spring mounting points because they obviously won't work with the radious piece installed. I will still have to use a hood prop but the springs do help with this monsterous hood. We also mocked everything up again to make sure the body lines lined up and everything. My old man is almost finished with the body work on the hood because the PO must have walked all over this damn thing....
I also spend most of the day yesterday cleaning and power washing the power steering to find out that I can't use the original power steering "I should have done more research on that" ... The Good thing is I have a 78 parts truck that I can take the power steering off of and use that but now I have to clean that up... Grrr!

zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote