View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
chuckmc8
It's alsways something.....

"The Company Truck"- AD on S10 with 5.3 and 4l60E

I usually build 67-72 shortys with LS engines, but this is my first venture into the older models. I am the promoter of a local classic auto and vintage scooter parts swap meet, and I need a truck to take to local cruise ins and such to promote my business. So, the name of this build "The Company Truck" was coined. I could take one of the 'fleet' in my signature, but what fun is that? Well, still pretty fun but here goes.

I have found the best start to a truck project is to buy the best cab I can find. I wanted a five window and found a good bare cab in north GA. I gave up on buying complete trucks for donors a long time ago. Later, I bought a decent 3 window cab with doors and front clip. I sold the 3 window cab and saved the stuff I needed.

I bought a regular cab wrongbed S10 frame and rust treated it and set it on my frame table. I sold the rear end and bought drop spindles and a lowering block kit for the rear (when I get another)

A 2003 Burb donated the 5.3 and 4l60E- its a DBW model- Ive already done the harness and its ready to install. This will be my 6th LS swap, but 1st into a AD truck.

I also have an "Old Air" brand side unit and Ill either buy another of the overpriced Holley compressor brackets or I may try another vendor this time.

The S10 frame swap has been beat to death, I know, but maybe a pic that I can post or a subject I can mention will be helpful to someone who is doing the swap with LS power. Ill post a few pics to get started.
1968 C10 Black with red interior and orig paint. 5.3 / 4l60e,3:73 POSI 17" Torq Thrusts
1968 CST 514 Red with black interior. Buddy Buckets, Factory A/C, PS, PB- 20" AR custom shop TT, 5.3 and 4l60e
chuckmc8 is offline   Reply With Quote