View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Me & My Truck(s) 2018

Ok whoa slow down with the posts, I can't keep up! Here I was pouting last week because nobody wanted to pway wiff me. I figured people were busy during the week. I'm liking it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones72Super View Post
Just got my first GMC! It's a 72 K2500 I bought out of southern Oregon. It's a little rough but in good overall condition. This is the first truck Ive had that still has rockers and cab corners intact!

This is also my first 4x4 and I am going to have a lot of questions for you Tim.
Looks good to me. Looks like a nicely aged survivor. The way I like to find them. I'd be glad to help with anything you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
2018 was a big year for my K1500. Finished about 95% of build in Jan and took truck to "World of Wheels" in Feb at Indiana State Fairgrounds. Had never driven truck(except on driveway), so we trailered it to show. Spent most of spring and summer trying to finish remaining 5% of build and cure some lagging issues. Only was able to drive truck about 500 miles in 2018. In Sept., I took truck to 4WD Jamboree in Indy. Jamboree was fun, but my K1500 looked like a toy or toddler compared to the lifted beasts at this show. However, the K1500 was very well received and everyone seems to have a story about this era of truck.
I'd say 2018 was a good year for you. All set for next year, too. I'd say your truck is 4" over stock and no less. My tires are right about 32" (285/75-16) and my wheels are 8" with a 4" lift for comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I did a few things to my truck this year. The big one was removing the plaid bench seat then installing ( not quite finished yet ) my buckets/console. Next the tilt I bought 18 months ago was installed and I picked up this totally rebuit 700R4 which plan to get installed this coming spring. There is a big local Car show here every June and the first door prize is a completely rebuilt with upgrades Chevy small block and the second was this 700R4 redone by a local reputable shop. The winner of the 700R4 didnt need it so he put it on Facebook for sale and i bought it. I have factory 373's in my truck so the 700R4
... shoud be great addition to it.
You've done a nice selection of changes on that already sweet truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
After a very long and expensive winter.

20/22 US Mags wheels
New 3:73 posi rear with cpp disc brakes
Full Air ride with AccuAir management
New 454/TH400
Black Widow 2-1/2" dual exhaust
Just looks like different wheels to me. Just being a jerk. That's like a whole other truck under the skin this year. Nice got nicer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Tim, I like the shell on your truck. I’ve been keeping an eye out for one for the 72.
I parked the 72 in my shop a few weeks ago. Pulled it out today worried about pack rats. I used it to take my step son to baseball practice and games this summer. Drove it down to the local car show in September. I didn’t enter the truck. Mostly just drive it in to town for errands. Just 2 miles to town. I’ve had it for sell and a guy got real close to my price a couple months ago. A friend of mine says “there’s always another one out there”. I think that it may not be so anymore. But, what do I know?
I think you have the perfect keep around for when you need it/enjoy it when you do trucks. Always more out there? You already have one. If you don't need the money, why sell it. Just start it and pull it out every so often. Do you have a cat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I'm in! The year started with the old 305 expired with a bad main bearing. That virtually nonexistent oil pressure caught up with me. Got a new 350 installed with a new radiator, 7 blade clutch fan & shroud, battery tray and other things I don't remember now. Back on the road in May. Aligned the new drive line I installed the week prior to the 305 giving out. I took the noisy rear end in for new bearings and seals. Discovered the carrier was breaking apart. The 305' s monster torque Now I have a new carrier with 3.73 instead of 3.07's. I dropped the fuel tank to fix the leaking sender.
I read all the things some of you have done to your trucks this year and am realizing I did nothing to mine. I did the annual stuff before it hits the road and one oil change mid-summer but that's it. I hit the road with a good bit of fresh work the year before.

I did a lot of work earlier this year for a friend's place. It's a farm house on some nice land. It's all 2-lanes here to there across the county SW to NE.
Name:  IMG_3215.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  58.7 KB
Name:  IMG_3216.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  53.8 KB
Name:  IMG_3214.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  46.2 KB

I did a lot of interior work. She had me do a cool kitchen counter top. We got this reclaimed white oak. The guy said the tree, that the beam the boards were made from, was 250 years old by the rings and it came from a 250 year old building. I felt privileged to be able to work with it. A little nervous!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote