Thread: 55.2-59 C4 front brake lines
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #12
clegg

Re: C4 front brake lines

OK, now I have learned that there are two types of female metric (bubble) fittings. Convex and concave. I am talking about the chassis side of the brake hose. I ordered the fittings and the caliper male an3 to m10x1 fittings are all fine. The an3 to bubble fittings that I received from are the convex bubble and do not work (leaky, leaky). I found one place that had male an3 to female m10x1 CONCAVE receptors.

I had the f drivers side apart and luckily I could remove the piece of brake line and reflare to fit the convex fitting.

The pass side is another story. Very difficult to remove and reflare so I ordered one of the CORRECT fittings. I have an Eastwood flaring tool, so off the car is a must. Works perfectly though.

So, if anyone is attempting to use AN brake hoses on a C4 configuration, make sure that you get the an3 male to female m10x1 convex fittings and you will bolt up and get rid of the goofy c4 hoses.

Just to clarify, the c4 hoses are banjo m10x1 into the caliper and female m10x1 concave on the other side.

After this mess, i now can use any length an3 brake hoses that I prefer.
clegg is offline   Reply With Quote