Old 03-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #18
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: my 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup View Post
BTW does anyone know how to install the rear window
any help would be great
I assume you have a new gasket. Get a piece of rope 1/4" or a little smaller diameter. I prefer nylon. Make sure it is long enough to go all the way around the glass plus a couple feet extra. Install the gasket on the glass. Tuck the rope in the grove around the outside of the gasket where the pinch weld will sit. Start and end the rope in the middle of the bottom of the glass with the extra rope on both ends. Loosely tie the rope ends together to keep them from falling out. Use some kind of non silicon lubricant and spray on the inside of the rubber. With someone else holding the glass on the outside. Start by sitting the glass down on the bottom pinch weld. If you have a 90 degree pick tool would be helpful picking at the rubber to get it over the pinch weld. Be gentle with the pick or you could tear the rubber or crack the glass. Start pulling the rope one at a time a little at a time and have the helper push down a little. It should go pretty easy until the corners. Take your time and work it slowly. Be careful and pay attention to the other end of the rope while pulling. It's possible to pull the other end of the rope into the rubber where it can't be reached. Repeat to the next corners. Your home free then. Pull the remainder of the rope a little at a time along the top until your done. Remember to have the helper bump lightly on the glass with the palm of the hand at the area you are trying pull the rope it helps a little. Hope this helps.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote